POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : info: command line inability to process spaces in pathname : info: command line inability to process spaces in pathname Server Time
2 Jul 2024 22:55:13 EDT (-0400)
  info: command line inability to process spaces in pathname
From: hughes, b
Date: 17 Jan 2003 19:36:15
Message: <3e28a17f@news.povray.org>
This message is shown when using +O"c:\image files\test.png" in the P.-R.
for W. (XP) command line field. Just to check other ways I put quotes around
only the 'image files' part too with same result.

Possible Command Line Error:  File name or path parameter expected for
switch 'o', found 'c:\image'.
Command Line Error: Problem with command line or INI file.

Thorsten explains this as something which POV-Ray was not designed to be
capable of, and I'm posting this here per his request at povray.general.
Thread is:
<3e26e82f@news.povray.org>
or
http://news.povray.org/povray.general/29860/

In the Windows Help, section 5.2.2.3.2 Output File Name it does not warn
against the use of spaces in paths and file names. Could be a very good idea
to appended a note there saying as much. Possibly also at section 1.10.7.1.1
Edit Settings/Render and/or 1.7.1.3 Toolbar Command Line.

Another place which could benefit from a note is 5.1.1 Command Line
Switches. And when I was reading that part over I noticed it still claims
only 10 library paths are possible, not 20. I don't remember that needing to
be different from the INI limit.

Possibly some things for ingo to look into for making a change. This is like
deja vu to me because I thought all this was covered long ago. Could be I'm
not recalling the final position taken on these two things.
--
Farewell,
Bob